Horseback Riding Badge 100222
Horseback Riding Badge 050122
This is a 4 series event starting on Sunday Oct 2 and every Sunday to Oct 23
-Girl Scout Juniors and up will gain skills and knowledge of horse psychology, physical aspects of horses, feeding and general care to name a few of the skills. Participants will be able to learn more about ground work, how to handle a horse and gain additional skills and experience riding horses.
This session is a comprehensive 4 week course consisting of 2 hour weekly sessions on horsemanship and riding as well as meeting the skill and activity requirements to earn Horseback Riding Badge.
- Week 1 Focus on horse psychology and behavior or horses, safety, and an introduction to handling on the ground
- Week 2 Introduction to colors, markings, and breeds, tacking up, and a basic first introduction to riding
- Week 3 Introduction to feeding, general care, and anatomy, working on more independent riding skills
- Week 4 Overview of previous weeks and focus on riding skills
- This event must have a Minimum of 4 Girl Scout, with a maximum of 10 Girl Scouts
- Girls Scout Level- Juniors and up
- $345 per Girl Scout In Council
- $370 per Girl Scout Out of Council
For the protection of all members, GSOC follows CDC-recommended health & safety protocols, regardless of vaccine status.
This event accepts Cookie Dough, OC Bucks, and Juliette Dollars! Girls must complete online registration and pay in full. Next fill out the Reimbursement form after you have participated in the event.
Financial assistance will be available upon request, please complete the Financial Assistance Request form.