Working Together to Keep Our Girl Scout Community Safe
As of 06/15/2021, the State of California has moved into Beyond the Blueprint, and the Blueprint for a Safer Economy has been lifted. Accordingly, the colored tier system is no longer in effect. While Girl Scouting may return to usual operations (with limited exceptions for Mega Events), locally, we will apply common sense protocols to continue protecting each other and the community. General California guidance for “Beyond the Blueprint” relies heavily on vaccine status. Keep in mind that most of our youth membership is not yet eligible for the vaccine. Masks are required for all in any setting where Girl Scouts under 12 are present. When in doubt, use masks.
Additionally, please note:
- Vaccine status is private health information, and the decision to vaccinate or not is highly personal. Be sure to respect individual decisions. Girl Scouts does not require vaccination in order to participate.
- Everyone has different levels of comfort in group settings. Be a sister to every Girl Scout and help each person feel valued and welcome.
- Some older troops or groups of adults may voluntarily disclose their vaccination status. If all agree, the group can use the state guidance for vaccinated persons. However, please be careful not to pressure others. Disclosure of vaccination status is “on my honor.”
- Some places you visit may have additional standards. Our retail shops, for example, are small so you’ll be asked to wear a mask inside.
- K-12 school and camp guidance remain more restrictive than the guidance for the public. Maintain troop cohorts and comply with camp directives.
For general questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have an urgent concern that needs immediate response, please call (949) 461-8800 and follow the prompts to reach the manager on call.
Thank you for your patience, mindfulness, and collaboration as we
all do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 – while continuing
to build girls of courage, character, and confidence.
Tools and Resources to Help Leaders with Virtual Meetings
Troop Leader Blueprint
Virtual Meeting Playbook
Virtual Troop Guide
Virtual Troop Meeting Activities
GSUSA Vaccination FAQs Volunteers and Parents
Always Remember to Wash Your Hands