yourself and others safe, follow these six guidelines:
Monitor Your Health Daily
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19, AND STAY HOME IF YOU OR YOUR CHILD IS SICK.
- Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
- The CDC recommends that you get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can.
- Girl Scouts does not require vaccination to become a member; however, there may be times when the Council requires vaccination to participate in specific activities.
- Vaccine status is private health information, and the decision to vaccinate or not is highly personal. Be sure to respect individual decisions.
- Public health officials advise wearing a mask in public areas where COVID-19 Community Level is high, regardless of vaccination status.
- Though the indoor mask mandate ended in California on March 1, masks are strongly recommended for unvaccinated people.
- People at higher risk of getting very sick with COVID-19 or those who live in a household with anyone at risk should consider wearing a mask.
- Consult the State of California’s mask recommendations and requirements for the most up-to-date information.
- If a troop or group leader advises you to wear a mask, follow that guidance; it may be based on private information about an at-risk individual in the troop or group.
- Maintain Physical Distance