Brownie Essentials - Webinar
The Girl Scout Brownie Essentials gives leadership strategies and applicable tips specific to the Girl Scout Brownie level.
This course has been developed with the help of volunteers, is trained by volunteers, and is intended for volunteers.
By the end of Brownie Essentials, you will be able to:
- Use communication tools for family/parent meetings, email/texting parents/guardians, and the Volunteer Tool Kit (VTK)
- Discover what a typical Brownie meeting might look like (3 keys and 3 processes)
- Confidently use the Brownie Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting, the Journey “How to Guide” and girl book
- Understand New GSUSA program: Taking the girls outdoors, Why it is important, Outdoor ideas, New outdoor badges and journeys
- Earn badges, patches and go to events that align to the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE)
- Manage safe troop meetings, events and outings appropriate for the Brownie level
- Plan troop meetings using the Volunteer Tool Kit (VTK)
- Teach the girls how to make goals using SMART Goals
- Understand the importance of Product Program and Financial Planning: How to Budget with your Girls, The 5 Skills, Financial Literacy and Cookie Badges
- Know which Paperwork is required: Permission slips and Health History forms
- Learn your Resources and How to Get the Help You Need: GSOCLearning.com and Safely Activity Checkpoints