Ways to Thank a Volunteer
Girl Scouts, families and the entire Girl Scout community have a wonderful opportunity to join with all of us at Girl Scouts of Orange County in thanking our fantastic volunteers who help girls experience Girl Scouts’ amazing program.
National Volunteer Appreciation Week is April 21-27!
Parents, Girl Scouts and family members - help girls recognize Volunteer Appreciation Week! Please ask your girls how they would like to say thank you to troop leaders and other volunteers. You may also want to connect with the other parents and guardians in the troop to see how all the girls can get involved in starting a tradition of recognizing these amazing leaders during Volunteer Appreciation Week or anytime of the year!
Say thank you in a creative way:
- Make thank you cards
- Make dinner for leaders and other volunteers
- Hold a tea party or other fun event
- Make a paper flower bouquet or other hand-crafted gift
- Get a gift certificate for coffee or other favorite treat
- Have a yard work party
- Each girl could write a thank you letter or poem/or other form of self-expression
- To learn more ways to thank a volunteer, nominate them for recognition!
We want to take this time to thank girls, families, volunteers and the entire Girl Scout community for everything they do to make Girl Scouts such an amazing experience!