Girl Scouts of Orange County (GSOC) is a workplace dedicated to helping today’s girls become tomorrow’s leaders. As part of the GSOC team, employees are committed to maintaining a work environment that supports a constructive and collaborative culture.
GSOC is searching for a Volunteer Specialist who can take a proactive approach in the advancement of Girl Scouting through supporting the volunteer delivery of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and the National Program Portfolio. The Volunteer Specialist will have responsibility for a specific region of volunteers within Orange County to develop a plan to deliver the best leadership experience for girls in Orange County; this requires attending meetings and/or events on nights and weekends. The Volunteer Specialist acts as a mentor and manager of their volunteers, ensuring the highest quality of service to girls is being provided in alignment with the strategies of GSOC. This position analyzes needs of volunteers and ensures training is a part of the capacity building opportunities for all volunteers. Supporting all the Membership, Product Sales and Program processes and events through collaboration with other GSOC team members is also a critical piece of this position’s work. The Volunteer Specialist also acts as a liaison between the volunteers and the GSOC staff for the purpose of increasing communication and streamlining processes.
Minimum Qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Good understanding of Girl Scouting.
- Must be able to demonstrate independent critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate.
- Demonstrate high level of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to employ diverse styles of communication and public speaking strategies.
- Ability to prioritize and be a well-organized time manager.
- Ability to analyze membership trends and develop anecdotal strategies for increasing volunteerism.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate Volunteers and Volunteer Management.
- Excellent conflict resolution and management skills.
- Willingness to accept the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scout Movement and acceptance of the relevant and compelling benefits of Girl Scouting.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and teams, and willingness to work with persons regardless of age, race, disability, religion, ethnicity, or socioeconomic background.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Licensed and insured California driver.
- Must be able to pass background screening including driving.
GSOC is an equal opportunity employer.
Orange County candidates preferred; no relocation benefits provided.