Uncollected Funds & Delinquency Reports
Fortunately most troops do not have trouble collecting all the money due from girls and their families. Experience has shown the preventing collection problems is much easier than resolving them. If you are not sure what to do if a girl does not turn her money in on time here are some steps to follow:
- Call the family and discuss the problem. Arrange for payment if possible.
- Document all contacts with parents, date of contact, and results for any outstanding money.
- Alert the leader and the Service Unit Cookie Manager. If a large sum is involved, request help from them and the Council Product Sales Director to collect the funds.
- Do not hold up final reports or payment of balance due to Council because of delinquencies.
- Fill out and attach a Delinquency Report to troop’s final reports providing a written record of the situation, noting dates and contacts made regarding the delinquent funds. Include copies of all receipts given and the signed parent responsibility form. If a delinquency report is not submitted with troop’s final paperwork, Council will not be able to assist the troop with collection and the troop will have to absorb the loss.
If you have questions or need additional support please contact your Service Unit Cookie Manager.