Resident Summer Camp Director
This is a Seasonal Position for July 7 –August 14, 2014 with some possibility for extension of work based on enrollments for specific scheduled events/programs.
This position is responsible for the design, delivery and evaluation of camp program that meets the interests of campers and ensures their quality delivery in a safe manner. This position is directly accountable and reports to the Camp Supervisor. This position is also responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the summer resident camp including food service, program, wellness of campers and staff, business, camper and staff supervision.
- Design development and implementation of camp program.
- Plan, develop and deliver quality pre-camp staff training curriculum.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to those participating in camp and when communicating with parents, doctors/emergency personnel and GSOC Headquarters Staff.
- Oversee the management of the food service area through supervision of the Kitchen Supervisor and review of the food service program.
- Oversee the business management functions of the camp including financial record keeping, office operations, purchasing of supplies, etc.
- Is responsible for the health and safety of campers and staff including self.
- Submit records, reports and inventories as required. Help to maintain equipment.
- Give direction and guidance as it is needed to ensure the safety and quality of the camp program to be successful during the summer which will include, but is not limited to, evaluating work performance of all staff.
- Be available via “walkie-talkie” communication system as necessary day or night.
- Act as the lead of the Crisis Management Team.
- Maintain accurate camper records.
- Help to provide and maintain camp and unit cohesiveness.
- Take time off in accordance with GSOC and Camp Scherman policy as indicated by immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that activities and experiences in camp are guided through the use of girl planning and the GSLE Program.
- Perform other duties as delegated.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Willing to accept the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scout Movement and accept the relevance and compelling benefits of Girl Scouting.
- Supports all GSOC policies and procedures.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Resident Camp Director.
- Is 25 years of age or older.
- Holds a current and valid First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Holds a current, valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to keep supervisor informed and aware of activities/problems with campers and staff.
- Ability to share living quarters with other staff in rustic cabins or dormitory cabins.
- Ability to keep supervisor informed and aware of activities, concerns and/or problems.
- Experience in teaching and/or significant knowledge of archery, nature, arts and crafts, singing, games and/or general program planning.
- Willingness to work with all persons.