Resident Camp Kitchen Supervisor
Resident Camp Kitchen Supervisor
This position is a Seasonal Position for July 7 –August 14, 2014 with some possibility for extension of work based on enrollments for specific scheduled events/programs.
This position is responsible for the operation of the kitchen which includes but is not limited to: food and supply ordering, supervising kitchen staff in the safe and efficient prepping and serving of camp meals, and coordinating the schedule of kitchen staff and meal times. This position is accountable to the Resident Camp Director and Camp Supervisor for receiving direction and reporting on the administration and operation of the kitchen and food preparation. Also responsible for providing and maintaining an efficient, safe and meaningful GSLE and Camp Programming for campers in the dining hall and units in the following program areas: Waterfront Pool and Lakes), Nature, Arts and Crafts and Archery, Hikes, Night Program, other miscellaneous programming that may include, but is not limited to, meal supervision and camp “kapers”.
Other responsibilities include:
- Carry out duties as delegated and take a positive leadership role when in the kitchen and out in camp units and program areas.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to those participating in camp.
- Is responsible for the health and safety of the campers and staff including self.
- Carry out duties as delegated and maintains a positive leadership role while at camp.
- Cooperate fully in all health and safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Take time off in accordance with GSOC and Camp Scherman policy as indicated by supervisor.
- Help to provide and maintain camp and unit cohesiveness.
- Help guide activities and experiences in camp units through the use of girl planning and the GSLE Program.
- Responsible for ongoing accurate inventory and keeping updated reports on supplies and invoices and ordering food and supplies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Give direction and guidance as it is needed for the kitchen staff to be successful during the summer. This will include but not limited to evaluating day-to-day work and adherence to Riverside County health regulations and Safe Serv.
- Plan and provide ample well-balanced meals for all camp participants.
- Direct and assist in all areas of kitchen operations: Massey food supply and delivery, preparation, serving, cooking, cleaning and dishwashing as needed.
- Adhere to the health and safety standards set by the County of Riverside.
- Keep the Camp Director informed in a professional, timely and accurate manner of any and all issues involving camper and staff food service.
- Submit records, reports and inventories as required/needed. Help to maintain equipment.
- Perform other duties as delegated.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Willing to accept the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scout Movement and accept the relevance and compelling benefits of Girl Scouting. Accepts and adheres to the purpose and principles of the Girl Scouting movement.
- Holds current and valid certification for Food Handlers in Riverside County and Serv Safe.
- Supports all GSOC policies and procedures.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Holds a current, valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to keep Camp Director and other staff informed and aware of problems with campers and staff and/or problems within his/her area of work.
- Ability to share living quarters with other staff in the out of doors which may include primitive camping, rustic cabins and/or dormitories.
- Willingness to work with all persons.