Resident Camp Kitchen Staff
Resident Camp Kitchen Staff
These are Seasonal Positions for July 7 –August 14, 2014 with some possibility for extension of work based on enrollments for specific scheduled events/programs.
These positions are accountable to the Camp Supervisor and report to the Kitchen Supervisor for receiving direction and reporting on the administration and operation of the kitchen and food preparation. Also responsible for providing and maintaining an efficient, safe and meaningful GSLE and Camp Programming for campers in the dining hall and units in the following program areas: Waterfront Pool and Lakes), Nature, Arts and Crafts and Archery, Hikes, Night Program, other miscellaneous programming that may include, but is not limited to, meal supervision and camp “kapers”.
Other responsibilities include:
- Carry out duties as delegated and take a positive leadership role when in the kitchen and out in camp units and program areas.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to those participating in camp.
- Is responsible for the health and safety of the campers and staff including self.
- Cooperate fully in all health and safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Take time off in accordance with GSOC and Camp Scherman policy as indicated by supervisor.
- Help to provide and maintain camp and unit cohesiveness.
- Help guide activities and experiences in camp units through the use of girl planning and the GSLE Program.
- Help to provide ample well-balanced meals for all camp participants.
- Assist in all areas of kitchen operations: Massey food supply and delivery, preparation, serving, cooking, cleaning and dishwashing as needed.
- Adhere to the health and safety standards set by the County of Riverside.
- Keep the Kitchen Supervisor informed in a professional, timely and accurate manner of any and all issues involving camper and staff food service.
- Submit records, reports and inventories as required/needed. Help to maintain equipment.
- Perform other duties as delegated.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Willing to accept the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scout Movement and accept the relevance and compelling benefits of Girl Scouting. Accepts and adheres to the purpose and principles of the Girl Scouting movement.
- Holds current and valid certification for Food Handlers in Riverside County, Serv Safe.
- Supports all GSOC policies and procedures.
- Is 18 years of age or older.
- Have an enjoyment and appreciation for the outdoors.
- Experience working in food service (in a camp setting preferred).
- Ability to share living quarters with other staff in the out of doors which may include primitive camping, rustic cabins and/or dormitories.
- Keeps the Kitchen Supervisor informed in a professional, timely and accurate manner of any and all issues involving staff and campers and food service.
- Willingness to work with all persons.