How to Use your OC Bucks or Cookie Dough
Girls with OC Bucks, Cookie Dough and Program Credits many want to know what to do with them. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
What is Cookie Dough/OC Bucks/Program Credits?
Cookie Dough is a girl recognition item earned for selling Girl Scout cookies. OC Bucks is a girl recognition item for selling Fall Product. Program Credits are a girl reward item for participating in product programs as an individual Girl Scout. All are good for a year (expire on April 30th) and can only be used with the Girl Scouts of Orange County.
How Can Cookie Dough/OC Bucks/Program Credits Be Used?
Cookie Dough/OC Bucks/Program may be used to pay for:
- Items purchased in the Council Shop in Irvine
- Girl Scout resident or day camp (Council, Association or Service Unit sponsored)
- GSOC, Association, or Service Unit events
- Girl Scout destinations (see details at: http://www.girlscouts.org/forgirls/travel/destinations/)
Cookie Dough and OC Bucks may also be used to pay for:
- Approved Troop Travel (see Troop Travel packet for specific details)
- Gold Award expenses
- Girl Scout Lifetime Membership submitted to Council office by September 1. (Girl Scout Ambassadors who are graduating high school only.)
How Do Girls Redeem Cookie Dough/OC Bucks/Program Credits?
- At the Council Shop – girls submit their card at time of purchase.
- For fax, email or mail-in Shop purchases – girls submit their card serial number in the credit card section of the order form. Cookie Dough/OC Bucks/Program Credits cannot be used online.
- For Council Resident Camp, Day Camp or Council Events – girls submit their card serial number in the credit card section of the registration/payment form or if registration was paid in full online, girls submit to Council a completed Cookie Dough/OC Bucks/Program Credits Reimbursement form with a copy of their registration confirmation. Cookie Dough/OC Bucks/Program Credits cannot be used online.
- For Association or Service Unit Events (local community) – girls submit their card serial number with their registration & signed permission slip to the Event Coordinator or Troop Leader as noted on the event flyer.
- For Girl Scout destinations – girls submit their card serial number to Council with a completed Cookie Dough/OC Bucks/Program Credits Reimbursement form and a copy of their destination registration confirmation.
- For Approved Troop Travel – girls submit their OC Bucks or Cookie Dough serial number to their Troop Leader. Program Credits may not be used for Troop Travel.
- For Gold Award expenses– girls submit their OC Bucks or Cookie Dough serial number to their Troop Leader with receipts and explanations of what each purchase was for and how it related to their Gold Award. Program Credits may not be used for Gold Award.
- For Girl Scout Lifetime Membership – Girl Scouts graduating high school submit their card serial number with their signed membership registration form and a check for the balance of the lifetime membership payment to the Council office by September 1. Program Credits may not be used for Lifetime Membership.
More information about Cookie Dough & OC Bucks available here.
The OC Bucks/Cookie Dough Reimbursement form can be found here.