Volunteer Essentials 5-12-15
Location: Irvine Headquarters - 9500 Toledo Way, Irvine 92618
Volunteer Essentials is only available as an in-class training and is the first training step in becoming a GSOC Troop/Group volunteer
Register by: 5/10/15
Required for: All adults planning to volunteer as a Leader or Co-Leader
Prerequisite: Girl Scouting 101 (online training)
Register online by choosing one of the Volunteer Essential sessions below:
Click here to fill out a Training Inquiry form to communicate training needs other than what is posted on the training calendar. Please note: We will make every effort to arrange your request, however approval is subject to trainer and location availability
Can't register online? Download the Course Registration Form
- Course must be taken before volunteering with your troop/group in any capacity
- The volunteer application process, including criminal background check, must be completed before meeting with girls or volunteering in any capacity. While paperwork is being processed, however, you may attend this course
- This class can be taken at Council HQ or, if offered, through your Service Unit
- To receive Volunteer Essentials through your Service Unit, please contact your Service Unit's Volunteer Specialist. If you don't know who your Service Unit Volunteer Specialist is or which Service Unit you are in, please contact VolunteerVoices@girlscoutsOC.org
- This course introduces volunteers to the wonderful world of volunteering with GSOC and the basic tasks needed to start a Girl Scout troop. Our Volunteer Essentials Trainers will cover the Girl Scout mission, vision and goals, as well as the Girl Scout Program and Pathways. Information on Council policies, guidelines, resources and contacts is also provided.
Although there is no fee for this class, please consider making a donation to the Girl Scouts of Orange County.
Click here to donate.
100% of your contribution directly supports Orange County Girl Scouts and volunteers.
In order to create an effective learning environment for all, we are unable to accommodate children at this training. Please plan accordingly.
Cancellations: Please email us at Training@GirlScoutsOC.org or call 949-461-8867 if you need to cancel, so that we can accurately account for participants.
Want to be a volunteer trainer? It's a minimal time commitment and a great way to interact with other adults and share your love of Girl Scouting! Email Training@GirlScoutsOC.org for more details.