Senior/Ambassador Essentials 12340 - CANCELLED
ENROLLMENT CLOSED - COURSE POSPONED UNTIL February 27, 2012
Location: Anaheim Program Center 1769 West Broadway, Anaheim 92804
Register by: Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Prerequisites: Volunteer Essentials
Learn Senior and Ambassador Leadership Basics:
- The importance of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- Learn what a typical "session" or meeting might look like
- How to use the Girls Guide to Girl Scouting along with the accompanying book for a Journey
- How to earn insignia, or plan events to align the Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- Several tips for managing a troop and conducting a safe troop meeting
If possible, please bring your Senior/Ambassador Girls Guide to Girl Scouting and a Senior/Ambassador Journey book of your choice (all available through the GSOC shop):
- It's Your World - Change It! - "GIRLtopia" and "Your Voice, Your World"
- It's Your Planet - Love It! - "Sow What" and "Justice"
- It's Your Story - Tell It! - "Mission: Sisterhood!" and "Bliss: Live it! Give it!"
Although there is no fee for this class, please consider making a donation to the Girl Scouts of Orange County.
Click here to donate.
100% of your contribution directly supports Orange County Girl Scouts and volunteers.
In order to create an effective learning environment for all, we are unable to accommodate children at this training. Please plan accordingly.
Cancellations: Please email us at Training@GirlScoutsOC.org or call 949-461-8867 if you need to cancel, so that we can accurately account for participants.
Want to be a volunteer trainer? It's a minimal time commitment and a great way to interact with other adults and share your love of Girl Scouting! Email Training@GirlScoutsOC.org for more details.