14308 - Daisy Essentials
Location: Anaheim Program Center - 1769 West Broadway, Anaheim 92804
Register by: 2-10-14
Prerequisites: Volunteer Essentials
Can't register online? Download the Course Registration Form
In this "Introduction to Daisy Leadership' class, volunteers will:
- Review the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE)
- Touch on what Girl Scouting is all about and its greater importance
- Show how the petals work with the Journey books and the Girls Guide to Girl Scouting
- Ensure all leaders know the process (including which forms are needed) to go on a field trip
- Help leaders feel confident with all aspects of leadership, including finances
Fulfills the same training requirement as Leadership Essentials. any Level Essentials class can be taken in lieu of Leadership Essentials.
If possible, please bring your Daisy Girls Guide to Girl Scouting and a Daisy Journey book of your choice (all available through the GSOC shop):
- It's Your Wold - Change It! - "Welcome to the Daisy Flower Garden"
- It's Your Planet - Love It! - "Between Earth and Sky"
- It's Your Story - Tell It! - "5 Flowers, 4 Stories, 3 Cheers for Animals!"
Although there is no fee for this class, please consider making a donation to the Girl Scouts of Orange County.
Click here to donate.
100% of your contribution directly supports Orange County Girl Scouts and volunteers.
In order to create an effective learning environment for all, we are unable to accomodate children at this training. Please plan accordingly.
Cancellations: Please email us at Training@GirlScoutsOC.org or call 949-461-8867 if you need to cancel, so that we can accurately account for participants.
Want to be a volunteer trainer? It's a minimal time commitment and a great way to interact with other adults and share your love of Girl Scouting! Email Training@GirlScoutsOC.org for more details.