13354 Outdoor Essentials Weekend
Time: July 20, 2013 9:00am - July 21, 2013 12:00pm
The weekend goes from check-in beginning at 8:30 AM on Saturday 7/20- through Sunday 7/21 at 12 PM. Both days and overnight are mandatory.
Location: Anaheim Program Center
Register by: July 17, 2013
**To register on-line, each individual must have a personal account. To create one, please vist the Create Log-in page.
Prerequisite: Volunteer Essentials. This course also meets the requirement that at least one (1) registered adult per troop must complete before taking a troop to sleep in tents or open shelters overnight.
Successful completion of this course will train you for:
- Getting ready for your first overnight! (Training Class: Indoor Overnight Adventures)
- Sleeping in tents or open shelters at Council-approved public and private campgrounds, troop camp at Camp Scherman, and service unit/community campouts. (Training Class: Troop Tent Camping)
- Cooking with your troop in the outdoors. Use campfires, camp stoves, box ovens and more! (Training Class: Outdoor Cooking)
- Using basic knots & lashings for safety and fun in creating your campsite. Make a lashed wash station and flag pole. (Training Class: Knots and Lashings)
- Leading the evening program around the campfire. Fun songs, games & ceremonies for campouts are covered. (Training Class: Songs and Ceremonies)
In order to create an effective learning environment for all, we are unable to accommodate children at this training. We implore you to plan accordingly.
Cancellations: Please email us at Training@GirlScoutsOC.org or call 949-461-8867 if you need to cancel, so that we can accurately account for participants.
Want to be a volunteer trainer? It’s a minimal time commitment and a great way to interact with other adults and share your love of Girl Scouting! Email training@girlscoutsOC.org for more details.