13337 Junior Essentials
Register by: July 31. 2013
Prerequisites Volunteer Essentials
Can't register online? Download the Course Registration Form
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- The importance of all componenets of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience: the keys, the processes, the short term outcomes and final outcome.
- What a typical "session" or meeting might look like.
- How to use the Girls Guide to Girl Scouting, along with the accompanying book for a Journey.
- How to earn insignia, or plan events to align the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Several tips for managing a troop and conducting a safe troop meeting.
- The value and application of purposeful leadership.
If possible, please bring your Junior Girls Guide to Girl Scouting and a Junior Journey book of your choice (all available through the GSOC shop):
- It's Your Wold - Change It! - "Agent of Change"
- It's Your Planet - Love It! - "Get Moving!"
- It's Your Story - Tell It! - "aMUSE"
Although there is no fee for this class, please consider making a donation to the Girl Scouts of Orange County.
Click here to donate.
100% of your contribution directly supports Orange County Girl Scouts and volunteers.
In order to create an effective learning environment for all, we are unable to accomodate children at this training. Please plan accordingly.
Cancellations: Please email us at Training@GirlScoutsOC.org or call 949-461-8867 if you need to cancel, so that we can accurately account for participants.
Want to be a volunteer trainer? It's a minimal time commitment and a great way to interact with other adults and share your love of Girl Scouting! Email Training@GirlScoutsOC.org for more details.