13186 - Brownie Essentials
Location: Irvine Headquarters, Girl Space - 9500 Toledo Way, Irvine, 92618
Time: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Register by: September 30, 2013
Prerequisites: Volunteer Essentials
Can't register online? Download the Course Registration Form
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
• Utilize age appropriate group and individual behavior management techniques.
• Identify resources for program activities that meet the needs and interests of girls
and meet girl scouting goals for girls.
• Apply the girl/adult partnership to planning activities with girls
• Utilize resources to evaluate progress of troop/group
• Implement the program for Brownie Girl Scout awards
• Develop a troop budget
If possible, please bring your Brownie Girls Guide to Girl Scouting and a Brownie Journey book of your choice (all available through the GSOC shop):
- It's Your World—Change It! - "Brownie Quest"
- It's Your Planet—Love It! - "WOW! Wonders of Water"
- It's Your Story—Tell It! - "A World of Girls"
Although there is no fee for this class, please consider making a donation to the Girl Scouts of Orange County. Click here to donate.
In order to create an effective learning environment for all, we are unable to accommodate children at this training. Please plan accordingly.
Cancellations: Please email us at Training@GirlScoutsOC.org or call 949-461-8867 if you need to cancel, so that we can accurately account for participants.
Want to be a volunteer trainer? It’s a minimal time commitment and a great way to interact with other adults and share your love of Girl Scouting! Email Training@GirlScoutsOC.org for more details.