Background Screening Information
Girl Scouts of Orange County conducts criminal background checks on adults in designated volunteer position.
The following volunteers are required to successfully complete the background screening process:
- Volunteers with supervisory or disciplinary responsibility over minors
- Volunteers with financial supervisory responsibility
In order to complete a background check, you must first choose your volunteer role. To choose your volunteer role, please do the following:
1. Log in to your Member Community Profile by clicking on MyGS in the navigation bar at the top of this page (located on the top right side above, or if on a mobile device click on the three horizontal bars and scroll down to click on "MyGS".
2. Once logged in, select the green Volunteer Role button.
3. Type in your Troop number. Use the format TroopXXXXX. The troop number should be 5 digits with leading zeros. Example: Troop00002
Note: You may need to change the radius under zip code. It defaults to 0 miles from your zip code.
4. Select the correct Volunteer role in your troop in the Search Results. When you select the role it will populate the area-Your selection for… And hit NEXT
5. Update the contact information if necessary.
6. If the role you have selected requires a background check, and you do not currently have an active screening result on file, you will receive instructions on your next step in completing the screening process. If you currently have an active screening on file, you will not need to complete another.
For additional information, please review the Background Check Info document or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
DO NOT continue with your application and screening if any of the circumstances listed below apply to you.
The following will automatically disqualify you from becoming a Girl Scout Volunteer: