Daisy Essentials Training
Daisy Essentials (Yorba Linda Program Center, 1/9/18)
Adult Learning (Training) is required for both the Leaders of the Girl Scout Daisy Troop within the first 3 months of appointment.
Prerequisite: New Leader Orientation (in-person only)
Recommend viewing the Volunteer Tool Kit videos
The Girl Scout Daisy Essentials gives leadership strategies and applicable tips specific to the Girl Scout Daisy level. This course has been developed with the help of volunteers, is trained by volunteers, and is intended for volunteers.
By the end of Daisy Essentials, you will be able to:
- Use communication tools for Family/parent meetings, Email/texting parents/guardians, and Volunteer Tool Kit (VTK)
- Discover what a typical Daisy meeting might look like
- Confidently use the Daisy Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting, the Journey “how to guide” and girl book
- Understand New GSUSA program: Taking the girls outdoors, Why it is important, Outdoor ideas, New outdoor badges and journeys
- Know the difference between Daisy petals, badges and Journey awards
- Earn Petals, patches and go to events that align to the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE)
- Manage safe troop meetings, events and outings appropriate for the Daisy level
- Discover G.I.R.L. – Go-getter, Innovator, Risk Taker, Leader
- Plan troop meetings using the Volunteer Tool Kit (VTK)
- Teach the girls how to make goals using SMART Goals
- Understand the importance of Product Sales and Financial Planning: How to budget with your girls, The 5 skills, Financial Literacy and Cookie leaves
- Know which Paperwork is required: Permission slips and Health History forms
- Learn your Resources and How to Get the Help You Need: GSOCLearning.com
Courtesy: In order to create an effective learning environment for all, our volunteer trainers are unable to accommodate children at this training. Additionally, arriving more than 20 minutes after the start of training may cause you to forfeit credit for this adult learning opportunity. Please plan accordingly.
Cancellations: Please go to your account in our reservation system to cancel your reservation for training. If you need assistance, please email CustomerCare@GirlScoutsOC.org.