Creative Ways to Thank A Volunteer
April is National Volunteer Month and volunteers are the heart and soul of Girl Scouts! A thank you goes a long way - check out these creative ways to thank your Girl Scout leaders and volunteers:
- Make a card with a collage of girls faces - mail to your leader thanking them, “For all you do to build girls of courage, character and confidence, who make the world a better place.”
- Post a yard sign in his/her lawn that says“A great Girl Scout leader lives here”
- Post paper banners at school thanking all of the Girl Scout leaders at that school.
- Make buttons that say “When I look in the mirror, what do I see? A fantastic leader looking back at me”
- Make a spaghetti dinner for volunteers as a “thank you” for all they do
- Create a “Through the Years” slideshow
- Create unique awards for leaders as both thank you and recognition awards.
- Give him/her a pedicure kit (available at the 99 cent store) with a note: “Thanks for stepping up!”
- Give him/her a small bottle of Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider with a note: “Let’s celebrate your great work!” (available by the case at Smart ‘n Final).