Cookie Swap Website is Live!!
The Cookie Swap Website allows troops to facilitate exchanges of extra cookies. Instead of placing an order with a cookie warehouse, cupboard or jar, Girl Scouts can help out their sister troops by participating in a cookie “swap.”
The Cookie Swap site is linked to this blog. Click on the “Cookie Swap” tab:
To login to the Cookie Swap site use your Troop Cookie Manager Snap ID and Volunteer Network password. If you are unable to login, please contact your Service Unit Cookie Manager.
If you have cookies you don’t want use the “Post Cookies’ button and enter:
- number of packages
- cookie variety
- contact name
- contact email
- your city
- your troop #
- your service unit
If you are looking for cookies use the “View Cookies” button to see a list of all cookies that are available in Orange County from other Troops.
- You can sort the available cookies by any column, just click on the column title.
- When you find a listing you like email the troop directly using the contact email provided.
- Arrange a time for the physical transfer of the product between you and the other troop.
- Make sure a receipt for the product is signed by both troops and each receives a copy.
- Once the physical transfer is complete the “transferring out troop” enters the transaction in SNAP using the Troop to Troop transfer feature under the Cookies icon. (See page 44 in the green Troop Plan Book)
- The Troop Cookie Manager from the “transferring in” troop will verify the transaction in SNAP and contact the “transferring out” troop to correct any mistakes.
- The “transferring in” troop has now taken the financial responsibility for the cookies and can transfer the cookies to their girls for recognition purposes.
When the cookies you have listed are no long available please remove them from the Cookie Swap site by using the “Remove Cookies” button:
- You will see a list of the cookies that YOU have entered.
- To delete a listing, click on the Remove link to the right of your listing.
- You will be asked to confirm your deletion.
If you have questions, please contact your Service Unit Cookie Manager.