Because You Said Yes
Because you said "yes":
- a young girl will feel the pride of being someone special as she carefully puts on her uniform for the very first time.
- a girl can move to a new town and have "instant friendships" with girls she might never have met.
- parents will experience that special pride when they listen to their daughter say the Girl Scout Promise for the first time.
- bright eyes will become a little brighter with excitement as the kindling finally catches on the first campfire.
- nervous giggles will emit from tents as girls try to fall asleep their first night of camp.
- the community, and the world will be richer because a girl has learned the importance of caring for her environment, and the warm feeling that comes from giving service to someone less fortunate than herself.
- a parent will find a gold trefoil carefully tucked away in a drawer as their daughter packs to leave home for her first adventures as a young adult.
- a young woman will contact Girl Scouts one day and say, "I had so much fun when I was a Girl Scout, I'd like to try being a Leader."
And the circle will continue...because you said, "YES"
Thank you for saying "yes" to volunteering!