3rd Party Camp Program Staff
We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced Camp Program Staff to plan, prepare and deliver programs for the events and retreats for Girl Scout groups and outside groups at Camp Scherman! We have occasional/intermittent opportunities on weekends and weekdays year-round.
These positions are responsible to the Camp Supervisor and Event Camp Director to assist in providing and maintaining efficient, safe and meaningful programming in the following program areas:
1) Waterfront (Lakes and Pool), 2) Nature, 3) Arts and Crafts, 4) Archery, 5) Hiking, 6) Night Program, and
other miscellaneous programming that may include, but not limited to, meal supervision and camp “kapers”.
Other responsibilities include:
- Cooperate and participate to the fullest in all planning and programming of program activities.
- Is responsible for the health and safety of campers and staff including self.
- Submit records, reports and inventories as required. Help to maintain equipment.
- Carry out duties as delegated and take a positive leadership role in program areas
- Perform other duties as delegated.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Support all GSOC policies and procedures.
- Is 18 years of age or older.
- Current and valid First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Have an enjoyment and appreciation for the outdoors.
- Good communication skills. Ability to keep supervisor informed.
- Ability to share living quarters with other staff in the out-of-doors, which may include, but not limited to, primitive camping, rustic cabins or dormitory cabins.
- Willingness to work with all persons.