3rd Party Camp Kitchen Staff
We are seeking enthusiastic and experienced staff to help prepare and serve meals for programs and retreats for Girl Scout groups and outside groups at Camp Scherman! We have occasional/intermittent opportunities on weekends and weekdays year-round.
These positions are accountable to the Event Camp Director and report to the Kitchen Supervisor for receiving direction and reporting on the administration and operation of the kitchen and food preparation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Carry out duties as delegated and take a positive leadership role when in the kitchen.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to those participating in camp.
- Cooperate fully in all health and safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Help to prepare and serve ample well-balanced meals for all camp participants.
- Assist in all areas of kitchen operations: Massey food supply and delivery, preparation, serving, cooking, cleaning and dishwashing as needed.
- Adhere to the health and safety standards set by the County of Riverside.
- Maintain the kitchen and dining hall in an efficient and organized manner.
- Keep the Kitchen Supervisor informed in a professional, timely and accurate manner of any and all issues involving camper and staff food service.
- Submit records, reports and inventories as required/needed. Help to maintain equipment.
- Perform other duties as delegated.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Holds current and valid certification for Food Handlers in Riverside County, Serv Safe.
- Supports all GSOC policies and procedures.
- Is 18 years of age or older.
- Has an enjoyment and appreciation for the outdoors.
- Experience working in food service (in a camp setting preferred).
- Ability to share living quarters with other staff in the out of doors which may include primitive camping, rustic cabins and/or dormitories.
- Keeps the Kitchen Supervisor informed in a professional, timely and accurate manner of any and all issues involving staff and campers and food service.
- Willingness to work with all persons.